SOUTHERN AFRICA – Kazungula, Zambia
The Kanzungula base camp (future Campus) is located just north of the main African north-south truck route (top right hand side of the map below). It is near the Zambezi River & at the confluence of (4) nations: Botswana, Nambia, Zambia & Zimbabwe.
KAZUNGULA HUB CAMPUS – Designed by Engineering Missions International is shown below :
Work has begun on LMC-Africa’s 9-acre Southern Africa Hub Campus and Community Outreach Center, located on the north bank of the Zambezi River, approximately 50-miles upriver of Livingstone, Zambia (home to one of the seven natural wonders of the world – Victoria Falls).
The Campus is strategically located within a few miles of (4) sovereign nations, Botswana, Namibia, Zambia & Zimbabwe, all of which nations can be seen from the water tower on the Campus. The Campus will ultimately contain a Missions Leadership Training School, an Adult Education Program and Job-Skills Training Center, a Lodge, a Community Meeting Hall, a Demonstration Greenhouse Tunnel for vegetables, a small Training Farm and a Camp-site for Short-term Missions Teams.
Phase I of the Kazungula, Zambia Campus Development Project is underway.
- The land has been cleared and fenced.
- Water has been piped onto the property.
- Solar power and wood-burning water heaters are installed and solar power refrigeration and lighting hooked up.
- The campsite safari tents have been erected on concrete pads.
- The Campus ground managers’ (Dan & Adrie Van Aswegan) prefab living quarters established.
- David & Rozanne’s African home (large furnished Safari tent with bathroom attached) has been set-up.
- A borehole has been dug and (2) water towers erected.
- Campsite toilets and showers built.
- Campsite Kitchen built and equipped.
- Electricity has been run onto the property and distributed.
- A small training farm has been established on-site.
- Still to be completed in 2020 is the campsite Dining / Meeting Room and the Demonstration Greenhouse Tunnel.
Campsite toilets & showers
Pouring one of the large septic tanks on the property
Dan & Adrie overseeing construction work
Campsite Tents and shower / toilet block
Trenching for water pipes
Basins installed in bathrooms
David & Rozanne’s African home – view from north side
Campsite kitchen and incomplete Dining / Meeting Hall
Interior of campsite Safari tent
Campsite wood-burning water heater – ‘the Rocket’
Dan & Adries prefab home with David & Rozanne’s 4-wheel drive diesel Toyota Hilux in the foreground
View of David & Rozanne’s tent from the south side complete with sound-proofing to drown out the noise coming from truck traffic and village dogs & roosters!
Interior of David & Rozanne’s African home – ensuite bathroom in the rear
Rozanne’s pride & joy – a real bathtub!
New storage building
New bathrooms for Rural Church Planter students campsite
New off-road motorcycles for LMC-Africa Evangelists Brian Seleta & Fynn Khondowe
EAST AFRICA – Lapurua, Kenya
PROGRESS TO BE ANNOUNCED
WEST AFRICA – Accra, Ghana
TO BE ANNOUNCED